Towards an updated layout of SF

Looking at the proposed layouts, they have at least one thing in common — merging the IVAR cabinets in the top-left corner, and potentially getting rid of the KALLAX cabinets (e.g. through Ricardo if there’s no owner who wants them back).

A logical first step would therefore be to sort the existing stuff stored in the top-left corner, followed by moving the IVAR cabinets in place. However, we currently don’t have an IVAR corner post (Eckpfosten) for the corner shelves. In addition, we currently only have two such shelves (Eckregalboden). Bernd has indicated he might get these from IKEA.

Next, we should decide on the location of the Kniterate. In the Plenum from the 10th of October, two positions were suggested:

1. The long side parallel to the windows, placed somewhere within the “open space” as partially bounded by the (updated) IVAR cabinets (i.e. more or less like the blue dashed rectangle in my previous post/layout, potentially grouped w/ the other textile-related machines)
  2. The short side parallel to the windows, placed approximately at the current location of the 3D printers

With regard to the 3D printers, we have several suggestions. What they have in common is to group both machines and material (i.e. filament, resin, …) as much as possible. I thought we could combine this with the electronics corner, but that’s of course open for discussion :).

Finally, we’ll need to take a closer look at both the laser corner and CNC corner. The former has restrictions w.r.t. ventilation, the latter is influenced by the choice whether we’ll keep the 5-axis CNC or not. I’d propose to set up a small “task force” for this CNC — I’d be happy to look at using Fusion 360 to generate the tool paths (software), which leaves the task of checking connectivity/operabililty of the machine (hardware).