Squeezebox

Nach etwas Experimentieren habe ich unsere Squeezebox wieder zum Laufen gebracht. Das Problem ist, dass Logitech im Februar 2024 die Squeezebox-Server abgeschaltet hat. Um die Squeezebox weiterhin verwenden zu können, braucht es einen lokalen Server.

Zu Testzwecken habe ich diesen kurzerhand auf meinem Rechner installiert. Scheint zu funktionieren. Zumindest geht das Internet-Radio wieder und ich kann die Box im Browser fernsteuern. Theoretisch lässt sich sogar Spotify einrichten.

Die Installation auf meinem Rechner ist natürlich keine dauerhafte Lösung und funktioniert nur für mich. Wie wäre es, wenn wir den Squeezebox-Server auf einem lokalen Server in der SF installieren? Der 3D-Drucker-Server würde sich zum Beispiel hierfür anbieten (Raspberry Pi 3).

Ist jemand motiviert?

I have LMS ( now named Lyrion ) in a docker contaniner running on my Synology NAS at home. I have one squeezebox Radio and squeezelite endpoint on HifiBerry HW and OS.

It is stable and performinq quite well with all the music services which I am using ( TIDAL, Spotif y ) also Radio Now Plugin is a better choice than default radio option on LMS.

As far as I know local LMS is not designed to work on server available on internet but only locally.

Let me know if I could give you a hand for anything

After some research on the net, I learned that Lyrion Media Server is available as Home Assistant add-on. That is essentially identical to running the software in a docker container.

All you need to do is add a custom repository. Afterwards it can be installed with a click in Home Assistant.

Have done so. It seems to be work, but I still need to connect the Squeeze Box next time I am at SF to see whether it really works as intended.

1 „Gefällt mir“

LMS add-on in Home Assistant worked out of the box. It is automatically detected by the Squeezeboox. Albeit you may have to select the server manually if the box fails to connect during startup. First choice seems to be the no longer existing internet server.
I even got Spotify to work (sometimes). The plugin truly deserves its name (Spotty). Enjoy!